High-Grade Ageing Plastic Die Steel
|(Typical analysis %)
- YTJ80 is a precipitation or age-hardened mold steel with a uniform through hardness of approximately 40 HRC.
- Good uniformity of hardness, HRC (+/-) 1-1.5
- Ageing state can be machine worked, and the layer of electro erosion machining can be removed easily.
- Stress relieving not required after machining.
- Good polish. Through Electro Slag Remelting (ESR), molten steel of YTJ80 is pure, and the composition of
YTR80 is well-distributed which gives YTJ80 better minute surface.
- Good weldability.
- Delicate and complicated plastic moulds.
- Specular (transparent) lens molds.
- Plastic mould to manufacture delicate ablation cross-hatching (dermatoglyph) car garnish, office supplies, etc.
Steel density 7.98g/cm3
General method of heat treatment